Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Top Ten Cute Things My Kids Have Done Lately...continued

Okay...it's been awhile, but two new posts are coming up here...so without further ado...

NUMBER 6...Sissy's new word is "actually", much to my amazement (she's only three!!!)...as in, after I commented to Bubby that there lay another apple that he didn't finish, Aidan remarked, "Well, ACTUALLY it's mine!" How fast that little girl is growing up - boo hoo!

NUMBER 7...My little boy's favorite comment is, "Mommy, that's widiculus!" (ridiculous)

NUMBER 8...Aidan, my princess, is really into dress-up clothes and can go through her whole princess wardrobe in about 5 minutes...good practice for a little Tiny Miss pageant she will be in soon.

NUMBER 9...One of Cord's most used phrases is often uttered after his sister receives a snack or a hug/kiss, and he will remark, "How 'bout me, Mommy - how 'bout me?" Pulls at your heart strings.

NUMBER 10...The sweetest thing my children say/do is our prayers, at suppertime or bedtime...for supper we do the "God is good, God is great, Let us thank Him for our food..." and they are so focused on holding hands in our family circle and trying their best to get the phrases in (with precious modifications of course). Bubby is especially reticent about starting and finishing the bedtime prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, May angels watch me through the night, and keep me in their precious sight...Amen", and will often make me start over several times so he can say it all. We end our prayer with what we call our "God Blesses..." and we have to go through the whole list of relatives and friends that we ask blessings on. I see my children learning compassion and love and I hope that these qualities will continue to develop in their gentle souls.

What a list...at least it's one that I have committed to page now, so I don't forget all the precious words and actions that you think you'll remember forever, but that so quickly slip the ever-occupied mind. I hope I haven't bored you too much...but this is the way of my life.
Until next time...
Another Twin Mother

No comments: