Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Joy of the Holidays!

What an awesome holiday break it has been for me and my family! I have enjoyed the time off and it has been wisely spent! During the first weekend off (Dec. 20th) we hosted my husband's extended family in the "Piper Tree" and got to spend time with about 20 of our relatives at our house for a fun filled night of food and gifts. Then of course during Christmas week I finished up last minuted shopping, wrapped gifts, cooked delicious (if I do say so myself) food and spent time with my brother, Brother (his real name is Vince), and his two grown children, my nephew, Luke and my niece, ShaVonne. Luke is a successful landscaper in Destin, Florida at the age of 22 and rarely gets the opportunity to come home to Texas. ShaVonne, who lives in Lubbock, but still doesn't come home very often to see the whole family! After a great visit from Santa Claus, who delivered a large play tool bench complete with a chainsaw and various drills and the long sought after "swimming" baby, we spent Christmas day and the day after with more family who visited from Oklahoma City. My cousin, Chip and his wife, Kathy, enjoy coming down to Paducah and experiencing the small town life and they love for their 2 yr. old daughter, Darcy to spend time with the twins - it's really great fun to watch them all play together.

After all that family exposure, we got to spend the weekend after Christmas in Amarillo with my brother and sister-in-law, John and Anita, celebrating Christmas. We also got to attend a party hosted by my good friend, Kathryn and all of the girls that I used to spend time with in Amarillo were able to be there too. Including two of my friends who have also moved away from Amarillo. I was a great reunion and I had the best time reminiscing and relaxing with those old friends.

After returning home, we still had a whole week to spend celebrating the New Year with friends at home and just spending time together as a family. I got to play with the twins, even watch some movies with my husband, AND I finished a "drawer-cleaning" project during which I got EVERY DRAWER in my house cleaned out and organized!!!!! I have been so sick of not knowing where things are and just cramming and sweeping anything and everything into various drawers for so long, that it REALLY made me feel like I had accomplished something by taking 2 and 1/2 days and cleaning all of them out! I realize it doesn't take much to make my happy, but I can honestly say that this chore did!

So, tomorrow it's back to work and back to a busy, busy schedule, but I can definitely say that my holiday was rejuvenating and restful, and I will carry the JOY of the HOLIDAYS into the new year...hopefully until Spring Break - haha! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Did you get my text his afternoon? We saw y'all going South on 83 out of Paducah as we were going North on 83 headed to Childress. I texted you after we saw you but maybe you didn't get it. Can't believe we have school tomorrow, but excited to show you pictures of Christmas and catch up! See you then!