Thursday, February 21, 2008

the blahness factor abounds!

Okay - it's been awhile since I've blogged and it's so hard to get motivated for anything this week. Not sure, but I think with the weather, the sicknesses going around, the push at work to finish teaching hard concepts, etc. etc. - it's just been a bummer week.

I'm really one of those upbeat people most of the time, so it's hard for me when I am feeling bummed out and unmotivated. Like I posted previously, I need to keep remembering what's important in life and all the many blessings we all have...and it's nice to have something to look forward to, so I'll be working on that attitude of gratitude.

Here are some funny things...to me at least...my kids are saying some of the funniest things these days...their vocabulary and comprehension continues to grow at amazing levels...my son's newest word is "Ridiculous!" As in, "That's widiculous mama!" He also throws his hands out when he says this as if he's really asking, "What are you talking about?"

Aidan's newest thing is wanting to help cook supper (at every meal) and she drags her stool in the kitchen, climbs on it and proceeds to "help" me. Her favorite thing to do is wash vegetables and hand them to me to cut. She actually doesn't do to bad as long as she's not splashing excess water all over the cabinet by turning the faucet on full force. She and Cord both helped Chad and I wash the dishes last night after supper...Aidan helped Chad do the washing and Cord helped me do the "wiping" plates. I can definitely see them performing this chore in the future...the sooner, the better!!

Aidan is also very good at "putting me off"...in other words, when I ask her to do something, like pick up her princesses...she's great at telling me, "Just a minute, I doing something...I do it in just a minute!" She is a jewel at keeping her Bubby in line though (unless she's getting him in trouble), and I hear the SAME words that I say to him, coming out of her mouth...for instance, "Don't eat that candy!! It make you sick! Or, "Your teef gonna rot out of your head!" We had a good lesson is too much candy-eating and teeth-rotting from the TV show, "Tak and the Power of Juju". It made quite the impression on Aidan and she's been a proponent for NOT eating candy since then (way to go Tak!)!

Last but not least... my twins are becoming so excited about their upcoming birthday! We have promised to visit Aunt Nini and Uncle John in Amarillo and go to "the Mouse House!" a.k.a. Chuck E. Cheese. The House of Mouse was spotted by both when we drove through Abilene last Friday night en route to the Guthrie girls play-off game in Tuscola. After having to tell a small white lie (is that bad parenting) that the Mouse House was closed, we promised to go to Amarillo to Chuck E. Cheese for their birthday...you would think they might forget this promise at their age...but they have asked about it daily since then and it's now cemented in their heads. We will return to Paducah to have a birthday party here the day after their birthday...so watch out Chuck - we're coming to visit on March 21st!!

So - I hope your week is going well and I know mine will be better with Friday rolling around. Hopefully next week the Winter Blahs will be gone and I'll have something wonderful to blog about!

'Til next time...
Another Twin Mother

2 comments:

Lana said...

Hey Jodi!
I just started blogging myself and I found your blog. I just wanted to tell you that that is the cutest picture of your kids. It looks like a professinal photo. They are cute as can be.

Anonymous said...

This week....NO BLAHS... They have been outlawed at CHS...But I still think we need a streaker...(that would crack us all up)
You are AWESOME...